Friday, April 22, 2011

Burano
















Burano: March 5

During our second day in the Venetian Lagoon we were given a few hours on the island of  Burano, which happened to be one of the most beautiful (and the most colorful) place I've ever been. Burano is known for its brightly-painted houses and if someone wishes to paint their home, one must send a request to the government, who will respond by making notice of the certain colours permitted for that lot. It was the only place we were forced to go on a guided tour and were given only free time to roam the colorful canals. The best part of the day was when we had finished our "roaming" and decided to lounge in the grass by the water. I also finally purchased a "tacky souvenir" for the "tacky souvenir contest; a small, colorful, plastic camera that shows photographs of Venice when you look through the lens. It was quite popular with the members of my group who would give me odd looks when they saw it hanging around my neck along with my legitimate camera and would ask why I bought it and then would get excited when they realize what this amazing souvenir could do! My trip to Italy was amazing and I will always remember it fondly.

No comments:

Post a Comment