Friday, December 3, 2010

Brandon Flowers Concert
























(Military jacket found at an army store in Maine, J.Jill sweater, Free People lace slip, MIXIN 06 boots, thrifted hat)

I hope everyone had an awesome Thanksgiving. I know mine was stuffed with stuffing, mashed potatoes, a too-small-for-16-people turkey and a HUGE apple pie!
The Killers have been one of my favorite bands for years and when Oakley told me that Brandon Flowers had made a solo album I got a little scared and little excited. The album ended up being great so we decided to go see him in Boston. Oakley and I spend the day after Thanksgiving in Boston. Before heading to the Boston House of Blues we went for sushi at Fin in Kenmore Square and explored in Boston until 5 when we got in line and met some pretty interesting characters including a college student in a bear hat named Max. We had a great time even before the concert started. I do love the city; Boston is definatly on my list of places that I want to live...after New York City that is. The concert itself was amazing. A band from San Deigo opened for Brandon called "The Tranfer." They ended up being really good so I bought their CD after the concert and even got to meet them (I even hugged the lead singer!) Brandon was even more amazing than I thought he was going to be. He played my favorites; "Only the Young," "Jilted Lovers and Broken Hearts," and "Crossfire." We stayed after the show ended to see if we could meet him before he got on his bus (which we are touching in the last picture) but unfortunatly he had skipped out and gone to dinner right after he got of stage. We were very disappointed about this, but we had an AMAZING time in Boston.

Plans for the night? Hmm...I'm finally going to see Burlesque with Lexii and Jacky tonight at 7 should be fun seeing as I have been dying to see this movie for weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment